Facts About RHF
RHF communities are located in 25 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and the U. S. Virgin Islands.
We are currently building a 226-unit tax credit community in Henderson, Nevada (our 26th state) and will break ground on a 85-unit (tax credit and HUD 202) community in Charlotte, North Carolina (our 27th state!) by the end of this year.
• More than 18,000 people call an RHF community “home.”
• 86 of our communities now have a full or part time Social Service Coordinator.
• More than 60 RHF residents are over the age of 100, with Helen Lettinga celebrating 109 years of age at Pilgrim Manor in Grand Rapids, Michigan this year.
• RHF employs nearly 2,800 people throughout the United States, Puerto Rico and the U. S. Virgin Islands.
• RHF was founded in 1961 by three visionaries; two United Church of Christ clergymen and a layman.
• While the majority of RHF communities are affordable communities for low or moderate income, RHF also manages multi-level retirement communities, offering independent, assisted and skilled nursing living.
• RHF serves and employs without regard to ancestry, color, race, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, physical disability, or familial status.
• RHF is a member of LeadingAge (formerly the American Association of Homes and Services for the Aging) and its state affiliates, the Council of Health and Human Service Ministries (CHHSM) of the United Church of Christ, the American Senior Association of the National Multi-Housing Council, the Low-Income Housing Coalition, the American Society on Aging, the Association of Housing Management Agents, and the Stewards of Affordable Housing for the Future.
• RHF’s overall goals and policies are set by the National Board of Directors, comprised of volunteers from throughout the country representing a variety of professions.
Links to other sections in the News Room:
• RHF Publications
• RHF Today Newsletter
• Press Releases
• Media Contact Information/Press Kit
• Resident Stories
• Executive Bio Information