Community Board Member of the Year 2006
2006 Community Board Member of the Year
Wil has served on the Board of La Fontaine Center in Huntington, Indiana since 1987, representing our co-sponsor Historic Landmarks Foundation of Indiana.
Wil was one of the four key persons who spearheaded the efforts to save the La Fontaine Hotel in the 1980’s and convert it to use for senior adults. Without his vision and dedication, the La Fontaine Center would not exist as it does today.
The following is a list of his accomplishments and work:
- He is a graduate of Purdue University
- He is a graduate of Denver University School of Law
- He is a member of the American Bar Association, the Indiana State Bar Association, the Indiana Trial Lawyers Association, and the Huntington County Bar Association
- He is a member of the prestigious law firm of Matheny, Michale, Hahn and Denman
- As a member of the Trinity United Methodist Church, he has served on the Board of Trustees, and he has taught fifth and sixth grade church school
- He is a member and past president of the Kiwanis Club
- He is a past member of the Board of Directors of the Huntington County United Way and served as Fund Drive Chairperson in 1987
- He served two terms as president of the Board of Directors of Pathfinders Services, Inc.
- He served as president of the Foundation Board for Huntington University
- He is a past board member of the Huntington Red Cross
- He is a past board member of the Huntington Library
- He was given the honor of “Chief of the Flint Springs Tribe” for the Annual Heritage Days Parade in 1998
Wil is currently President of the Board of Directors of La Fontaine Center and has always been very supportive of the combined missions of La Fontaine Center and Retirement Housing Foundation.
Retirement Housing Foundation is pleased to recognize and honor Wil Hahn as Community Board Member of the Year.