“The mission of RHF (Retirement Housing Foundation), a national non-profit organization, is to provide various housing options and services for older adults, low income families and persons with disabilities, in an environment which enhances their quality of life – physically, mentally, and spiritually. RHF is committed to serving its residents and their local communities.” Please visit our website at http://www.rhf.org for additional company information. RHF is an equal opportunity employer.
We currently have an open position for a Vice President, Affordable Housing Operations at our Retirement Housing Foundation located in Long Beach, CA.
- The Vice President, Affordable Housing Operations (VPAHO), hires, trains and provides direct supervision and discipline for (1) Director of Affordable Housing Operations, (1) Vice President of Occupancy & Tax Credit Compliance, (1) Director of Social Service Coordination, and (1) executive secretary. The VPAHO is responsible for the daily operations of Foundation Property Management and RHF Management, Inc. (the management companies) and the properties they manage. The VPAHO is required to:
• Draft policies and procedures.
• Assist in the preparation of the departmental budget.
• Serve as the Section 504 Coordinator, including providing training and regulatory expertise to staff. Review, approve / deny Reasonable Accommodation requests.
• Monitor the efficiency of operations and makes changes when necessary.
• Provide technical expertise on regulatory issues relating to HUD and LIHTC housing programs.
• Analyze financial statements, to ensure communities are performing within their budgets.
• Review and approve all housing facilities financial audits.
• Review and approve expenses up to $10,000.
• Review, approve / deny contracts. Execute same when appropriate.
• Develop strategies to minimize financial losses and maximize revenue at the property level, as well as enhancing revenue of both management companies.
• Prepare Board Reports.
• Monitor market trends and develop strategies for curing vacancies, physical and financial issues at troubled properties.
• Assist in the completion of due diligence for new acquisitions.
• Determine staffing levels.
• Investigate grievances and recommend corrective action for resolution.
• Counsel employees on performance-related issues.
• Conduct site visits.
• Provide guidance to staff on code compliance and capital improvements.
• Stay abreast of changing regulations and trends within the housing field by attending seminars, reading trade periodicals/newsletters, and participation in industry associations, etc.
• Serve as a voting member of the Project Acquisition and Development Committee.
• Represent the Corporation at project board and governmental agency meetings.
• Maintain working relationships with third party property owners and solicits new fee management business.
• Conducts monthly monitoring calls with the Director of Affordable Housing and the Regional Managers.
- • California Real Estate Brokers license.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business and seven (7) years of property management experience.
• Ten (10) years property management experience in HUD, State Housing Finance Agencies, bonds and tax credits. (Or some combination thereof)
This is a Full-Time position.
If you are interested and qualified, please email resume to Employment at RHF at email@example.com, phone#:562/257-5400 or fax to 562/430-8723.
You will be required to provide your COVID vaccination card or you may request a vaccine exemption form for medical or religious reasons. The vaccine exemption form MUST be approved prior to concluding the pre-employment requirements.
If a job offer is made, your employment will start after a successful completion of a drug test, references, and background checks as deemed necessary. The drug test must be completed within three (3) business days of the job offer. If the above pre-employment requirements are not successfully met, the job offer will be withdrawn.