“The mission of RHF (Retirement Housing Foundation), a national non-profit organization, is to provide various housing options and services for older adults, low-income families, and persons with disabilities, in an environment that enhances their quality of life – physically, mentally, and spiritually. RHF is committed to serving its residents and their local communities.” Please visit our website at http://www.rhf.org for additional company information. RHF is an equal opportunity employer.
Experience: Ten years of experience in affordable housing, real estate, project development, and acquisitions
We currently have an open position for a Vice President of Acquisitions and Development at our Retirement Housing Foundation located in Long Beach.
– The Vice President of Acquisitions and Development has responsibility for the Corporations’ development, new construction, and rehabilitation of RHFs’ existing communities. Among other duties, the Vice President of Development and Acquisitions is responsible for the hiring, training, supervision, and discipline of all subordinates reporting to the position. The VP of Development and Acquisitions is responsible for developing RFPs (requests for proposals), RFQs (requests for qualifications) and to secure competitive bids for hiring consultants, architects, general contractors, and any other trades necessary to accomplish the new construction and acquisition activities set forth in the RHF Strategic Plan. The Vice President of Acquisitions and Development shall submit recommendations to the PDAC (Project Development and Acquisitions Committee) and solicit approval of same before awarding and or executing any contract for Development services in excess of Ten Thousand ($10,000.00) dollars.
This individual is responsible for overseeing the development of new properties and major rehab of existing communities.
This individual is responsible for developing directly or through others, budgets/proformas for all new acquisitions, new construction projects, and analyzing financial opportunities and risks associated with project development.
This position works closely with the Senior Director of Dev. Finance, the Chief Financial Officer, and the President & CEO to implement directives and objectives outlined in the strategic plan as approved by the RHF Board of Directors.
This position requires complete transparency with respect to selecting consultants and contractors.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Assists in due diligence for acquisitions, development, re-syndication, and rehab (on existing RHF communities) opportunities and analyzing financial risks related to acquisition and development.
– Ensure all new construction and rehabs are completed on time and on budget.
– Hold General Contractors and consultants responsible for on-time delivery of their contracted work.
– Add a minimum of four new communities to the RHF inventory annually (preferably a combination of two new acquisitions and new construction of at least two communities).
– Diligently work on rehab plans for RHF communities that have reached the expiration of their LIHTC compliance period.
– Oversees the development of scope of work and the three (3) bid process for all projects to be developed including rehab work on existing communities, construction of new communities, and other activities.
– Provide training, guidance, and supervision to all direct reports, including furthering their knowledge of construction activities to limit the number of “construction defect” issues that arise post-construction.
– Ensure the creation of comprehensive schedules showing finance and construction timelines along with projected costs.
– Serve as the Chairman of PDAC, which is responsible for identifying and recommending a course of action for future acquisition and development.
– Monitors long-range economic trends and forecasts company prospects for future growth/opportunities, re-syndication, acquisitions, or expansion into new markets.
– Estimates requirements for capital, land, and building.
– Works collaboratively with multiple departments at RHF including, Operations, Finance, Philanthropy and Treasury.
– Participates in the Development Department presentation to the RHF Board of Directors on a quarterly basis.
– Work closely with in-house general counsel on contract matters, litigation, and other important issues that arise.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Excellent understanding of the development process including land planning, entitlements, negotiation, procurement of multiple bids, permits, offsite improvements, site grading, construction, construction oversight, contracts, bonding, various forms of insurance, etc.
– Excellent analytical and organizational skills
– Must be a team player
– Work cooperatively with various departments at RHF, including finance and project management
– Ten years of experience in affordable housing, real estate, project development, and acquisitions
This is a Full-Time position.
If you are interested and qualified, please email your resume to Retirement Housing Foundation at email@example.com, phone#:562/257-5400, or fax to 562/430-8723.
You will be required to provide your COVID vaccination card or you may request a vaccine exemption form for medical or religious reasons. The vaccine exemption form MUST be approved prior to concluding the pre-employment requirements.
If a job offer is made, your employment will start after successful completion of a drug test, references, criminal check, and other background screens as deemed necessary. Please note the drug test must be completed within three (3) business days of this job offer. If the above pre-employment requirements are not successfully met, the job offer will be withdrawn.
See www.rhf.org for company information and background.