Redding RHF Housing – Cottonwood
Redding/RHF Housing Inc. provides safe, affordable, very low-income housing for adults who are developmentally disabled and who possess basic independent living skills and do not require any care or supervision.
Tenants sign an annual HUD 202/8 lease for a private bedroom and shared common areas based on HUD eligibility for a very low-income rental subsidy. Tenant rent is approximately 30% of verified monthly income plus $325 a month for tenant services and all meals.
Redding/RHF Housing, Inc. provides building security, food services, maintenance and repair and compliance with apartment house rules. The on-site manager and project administrator respond quickly to physical plant and rent-related issues.
For additional information, copies of House Rules and the Lease are available in the Property Management Office or by calling (530) 244-2320.
- All meals are provided in a congregate dining area. Tenants provide input for preferences of foods served.
- Laundry facilities are provided with coin-operated washer and dryer. Clotheslines are also available.
- A pay phone is on site for tenant use.
- Each tenant is provided a key to the front door entrance (which is kept locked for building security) and to their individual bedroom units.
- All tenants pay a refundable security deposit (based on income) for any damages or unpaid rent.
- No transportation, training, supervision or care is provided by Redding/RHF personnel, however, independent living skills instruction, supported living services or in-home support services may be funded through other agencies.
- Two units can accommodate persons who have mobility challenges or those who require home support services.
- All income is subject to initial and annual income verification.
- Management makes periodic inspections of private areas to ensure fire and safety codes are met and to make repairs.
House Rules For Tenants
- Tenants are encouraged to use their own furnishings if in clean and sanitary condition, including bed and bath linens.
- Tenants are expected to vacuum their private living quarters at least weekly, clean their accommodations and clean up after themselves in the common areas.
- No more than one adult tenant may occupy a bedroom.
While not required, all tenants are encouraged to have a job, volunteer work or similar constructive daily activity.
P.O. Box 990069
Redding, CA 96001